タイの味：Nalu Loft Barでぜひ試してほしいカクテル
You know you've finally reached your vacation destination when you can relax and enjoy a refreshing cocktail (or mocktail!). When you stay at the OUTRIGGER Surin Beach Resort in Phuket, you're in for a treat. Nalu Bar & Grill is the on-site eatery at this OUTRIGGER resort and where you'll find fantastic cuisine created in an open kitchen, prepared right in front of you over a fire. "Nalu" comes from the Hawaiian word for "wave," and the eatery has a modern surf vibe that's equal parts exotic and welcoming.
Along with a globally-inspired culinary menu, you'll find an equally international cocktail menu when you venture up the staircase to The Loft – an intimate bar space on the upper level of Nalu. Whether you're craving something indulgent or refreshing, stop by Nalu Loft Bar during your stay.
And if you're reminiscing on your last trip to the OUTRIGGER Surin Beach, you can recreate some of our most popular cocktails at home. Check out the recipes below!
1. A taste of the tropics
When it comes to an indulgent vacation-ready cocktail, it doesn't get more classic than a Pina Colada. OUTRIGGER's version is made with white rum, Malibu coconut rum, pineapple juice, coconut cream and sugar syrup. Sip it as an after-dinner treat at the Loft – the dehydrated pineapple and pineapple leaf garnishes make it photo-worthy, too! To recreate it at home, shake all the ingredients with ice, then strain into an ice-filled glass.
- 45 ml / 1.5 oz Pampero White Rum
- 90 ml / 3 oz Pineapple juice
- 45 ml / 1.5 oz Coconut cream
- 10 ml / 0.3 oz Simple syrup
- 15 ml / 0.5 oz Malibu
- Pour ingredients into a shaker with ice cubes
- Shake well
- Strain into a hi-ball glass over ice
- Garnish with pineapple slice and pineapple leaf
2. An always-in-style spritz
The Nalu Loft Bar serves a mean Aperol spritz – a classic, fruity, refreshing cocktail made with Aperol liquor, soda water and prosecco. Perfect for those hot Phuket days (and nights!), it pairs beautifully with salty snacks and savory bites.
- 45 ml / 1.5 oz Aperol
- 30 ml / 1 oz Soda water
- 75 ml / 2.5 oz Chamdeville Blanc de Blanc Brut
- Pour Aperol into a white wine glass
- Fill the glass with ice cubes
- Top with soda water and prosecco
- Garnish with an orange wedge
3. A Thai twist on a classic cocktail
OUTRIGGER's Thai-inspired take on a standard G+T is a must-try during your stay. Their Blueberry Gin & Tonic is made with fresh blueberries and Thai holy basil, creating an exotic version of this cocktail classic that feels authentic and unique to Phuket.
- 45 ml / 1.5 oz Gin
- 135 ml / 4.5 oz Tonic
- 15 g / 0.5 oz Blueberries
- 1 Holy basil or mint
Mix ingredients together and pour into a glass with ice, blue berries and herbs.
4. A mango mocktail
Mango is one of the most popular fruits in Thailand, and this refreshing mocktail is perfect any time of day for voyagers of all ages. The Nalu Loft Bar makes it with whole fresh mango, mango juice, honey and plenty of crushed ice.
- 120 g / 4.25 oz Peeled and diced ripe mangoes
- 60 ml / 2 oz Local mango juice
- 15 ml / 0.5 oz Local honey
- 50 g / 1.75 oz Crushed ice
- 3 Mango slices
- Blend mango, juice, honey and ice together
- Pour into glass and garnish with mango slices
Are you ready to plan your adventure to Thailand? Book your stay at the OUTRIGGER Surin Beach Resort today!