Thailand may be famous for its massages, but there's nothing better than indulging at a luxurious oceanside resort at the same time.
Find your bliss with these top massages at two of the island's most sought-after destinations.
OUTRIGGER Koh Samui Beach Resort's Massage Sala
On the heart of Koh Samui's Lamai beach off the eastern coast of Thailand, the OUTRIGGER Koh Samui Beach Resort is a gardens-surrounded getaway with hidden gems like a family beachfront club, gorgeous terraces and balconies, and the exclusive Voyager 47 Club Lounge. Plus, the massages at the Massage Sala here are just as divine. Insider tip: Try the resort's yoga or meditation on the beach in the morning to set yourself up for maximum massage relaxation.
- Thai massage — The traditional Thai massage is known for the masseuse often using legs and feet plus strong, deep body stretches to stimulate organs and improve flexibility
- Deep Thai massage — This is especially essential for relieving soreness from intense exercise and can help speed up recovery times
- Pure coconut oil massage — A soft to medium massage, this version uses natural coconut oils and long, soothing pressure
- Oil herbal hot compress — Starting with heated aromatic herb poultices, this combination treatment ends with a full-body massage with aromatic oils.
- Thai herbal hot compress — Combining traditional Thai massage techniques with heated herbal compresses that invigorate, this massage has a uniquely relaxing effect.
のです。 OUTRIGGER Koh Samui Massage Sala is open from 9 a.m.–6 p.m. daily (last booking at 5 p.m.).
OUTRIGGER Khao Lak Beach Resort's Massage Sala
Known for its secluded, private-pool villas and every room offering a balcony or terrace, OUTRIGGER Khao Lak Beach Resort on the shores of the Andaman Sea is one of the most elegant destinations in Thailand. Insider Tip: Plan for a sunset picnic on Bangsak Beach in front of the resort after your massage for the ultimate pampering.
- Hot stone therapy — Using heated Basalt stones, this massage lets you relax into bliss with full-body (and face!) coverage to remove blockages and melt stress
- Aromatherapy massage — The ideal relaxation for many, this massage uses gentle pressure alongside aromatic essential oils to enhance both physical and emotional health
- Anti-stress back massage — This quick massage focuses on the upper back and shoulders, with soothing hand movements and lavender aromatic oil
- Nuad Thai bo-rarn — This traditional Thai massage variation is done without oil and is one of the most energizing. Using pressure points and gentle stretching, the masseuse will help restore inner body balance, unblock energy pathways and relieve tension.
- Natural Thai luk pra kob — A Thai herbal compress massage, this uses steamed compresses to first invigorate the body and then relax it